24 Jun, 2021
10 : 00
YWIES Zhejiang Tongxiang held a grand and warm Annual Graduation and Awards Ceremony on 24 June for Early Childhood Education, Primary and Secondary students. Another year has passed, leaving its imprint of many fond memories and unforgettable moments. This day marked both an end of one phase and the beginning of another. Now, brimming with positive expectations, we look forward to an exciting future. Join our camera crew as they walk you through this fourth annual ceremony.
At the start of the ceremony, our School Business Manager Ms Julia Xu delivered a speech to the students to send them on their way with blessings.
One by one, the young graduates received their diplomas from our Co-Principals and Academic Co-ordinator. They graduated! It also means they are about to embark on another exciting learning journey.
Mr John Muthoni, our Academic Co-ordinator, presented diplomas to the Secondary students who had completed the IGCSE.
The Ceremony recognised outstanding students as well as those who made significant progress during the academic year. The House Award and Homeroom Award were also presented in the Ceremony. Recognition was also given to those who had completed the IGCSE programme, as this is one of the most important milestones in their academic career path.
Joy was written across the faces of our awardees. They were perhaps reminiscing about the time shared with classmates, learning and building strong friendships. They have taken important lessons and participated in fun games and the competitions, which have left them happiest memories.
Mr Spence and Ms Chen delivered speeches, which brought together the principals' love and hopes for the awarded students.
The students prepared handwritten thank you letters for parents, principals, teachers, and classmates.
This was a ceremony to honour both personal growth and academic achievements. There were several touching speeches from top students, warm wishes from teachers, and much appreciation from school leaders. It all contributed to the joy and warmth of the occasion.
One chapter closes but this is also the beginning of a new journey. We believe these children will fly high and far as they explore life with renewed passion.
A Stroll through a Record of Excellence
The students of YWIES Zhejiang Tongxiang have created wonderful works during various activities in school and elsewhere.
1. Year 3 students visit Hangzhou and make a recording of the ‘No. 8 Zhejiang Satellite TV Children’s Spring Festival Gala’
2. In Science Week, students design and set up various experimental projects
3. On Art Day, some amazing works are created by students under the guidance of our Artist-in-Residence
4. A bountiful harvest of plants sown by students in Primary
5. These inspiring artworks by students of YWIES Zhejiang Tongxiang are recently displayed in the YCYW Art Exhibition
The students of YWIES Zhejiang Tongxiang have been actively involved in various competitions in school and elsewhere, and won many awards.
1.YWIES Zhejiang Tongxiang students win awards in the YCYW Composition Competition
Year 4 student, Fancy Gao, wins a Silver Award as well as the Most Outstanding Composition in Year 4 across all categories
Year 4 student, Winnie Yang, wins a Silver Award
2. Year 7 student, Andy Chen, is awarded the Champion and Outstanding Speaker in the 2020-2021 National Speech and Debate Tournament
3.YWIES Zhejiang Tongxiang students win awards in the 2020 EdTA China Hangzhou Regional Young Thespian Festival
Year 6 students, Jenny Gao and Cicy Wang, and Year 7 students, Alina Jiang and Eva Xu, win second prize for Multi-Person Plays
Year 7 student, Andy Chen, wins the second place in the Double Category
Year 12 student, Cicy Yu, wins the third place in the Monologue Category
4. Year 7 student, Haruki Ota, wins the ‘Middle School Chinese Group’ and ‘Internet Popularity Award’ in the 2020 Super Chinese Cup Chinese Language Competition for Foreign Secondary School Students
5. YWIES Zhejiang Tongxiang students win prizes in the Maths League Competition
6. YWIES Zhejiang Tongxiang students win prizes in SASMO, a Singapore Maths Competition
7. YWIES Zhejiang Tongxiang Drone Class pass the RC Pilot License Exam
As we enter the 2021/2022 academic year, we look forward to renewing and growing our educational vision and mission.